“The only thing I regret in business is that I didn’t hire a coach sooner.”
Those are the words of Baltimore-based broker Ron Howard. Before he and his team hit their stride closing over 400 deals per year, Ron struggled to consistently hold his own feet to the fire.
“I’m like a little kid,” Ron admits. “I need someone who’s tough to keep me accountable and focused on the right things.”
If you’re here, you’re probably in the same boat.
With 87% of new real estate agents failing within the first five years, it’s not an exaggeration to say it’s extremely difficult to make it in this business — especially, if you go it alone.
And, once you start to see some success, maintaining that momentum is even harder. Yet, despite the common advice that your “first hire should be a coach,” many agents and brokers at all stages of the game remain skeptical about spending money on a mentor.
In this comprehensive guide, we’ll help you compare all The Classic coaching programs you’ve definitely heard of before with The New School coaches bringing fresh insights to the game of real estate and the Targeted Coaching Programs that will make the most sense when they’re aligned with unique goals for your business.
Ready to find the right coach for you? Let’s dive in!
Table of Contents
- How much does real estate coaching cost?
- The Classics
- The New School
- The Targeted Coaching Programs
- Use a simple SWOT analysis to choose the right coach for you
How much does real estate coaching cost?
For better or worse, most of the information out there on coaches is extremely subjective. And while it can be great to hear personal accounts of what’s worked with other agents, it can also be hard to believe that it can work for you, too.
Luckily, there is some hard data on the subject.
According to Inman’s comprehensive report:
- More than 9 out of 10 agents said their business increased by at least 10% during the first year they worked with a coach.
- More than half said their business increased by over 25%.
- When asked what coaches provide that brokerages don’t, the most popular responses were accountability (73%), motivation (62%) and consulting (50%).
Respondents also said coaches help them “do stuff I know I should but don’t” and give them a “competitive edge” — basically, the two main things that will set you up to outpace your competitors in a crowded real estate market.
But that kind of advice isn’t free. About 6 out of 10 respondents said they spend between $300 and $749 a month on an individual coach, with the largest share (27%) putting the monthly cost between $400 and $499. (And don’t forget, those numbers are from 2014.)
Still, if you do the math, that kind investment could bring you a substantial ROI.
The Classics: Real Estate Coaches You’ve Definitely Heard of
1. The Mike Ferry Organization (MFO)
Founder/CEO: Mike Ferry
- Mike Ferry is widely considered one of the foremost experts in real estate coaching, sales techniques, training, and motivation.
- He is recognized by the National Association of Realtors as an influential professional in the real estate industry.
- Mike’s coaching programs run the gamut from one-on-one coaching, multimedia devices, books, workbooks, reports, retreats, coaching seminars, even morning telephone calls.
- MFO is one of the oldest and most-trusted coaching programs, launched in 1975.
- Mike and his coaches have conducted over 2.5 million personalized coaching calls.
Best for: Agents looking for one of the most experienced and well-known names in real estate.
Pricing: The One on One package is $650/month and includes 40 coaching calls over the course of a year.
Founder/CEO: Brian Buffini
- Brian’s coaching company has trained 3 million business professionals and built an online management system with 10,500 subscribers.
- He launched “Buffini TV” to be used as an online training portal. The company also uses in-house full-time coaches.
- More than 3 million people in 37 countries have used this program.
Best for: Agents who want an A-to-Z comprehensive business coaching and training program, including lead generation. A good one for newer agents wanting to capitalize on their sphere of influence (SOI) or who already have a decent SOI built up and want to skyrocket it to the next level.
Pricing: One-2-one coaching and group programs start at $499/month for 6 months (or longer) and includes 2 coaching calls per month, marketing kit with flyers, and subscription to Buffini’s ReferralMaker CRM.
3. Keller Williams Mega Achievement Productivity Systems (MAPS) Coaching
- This is the popular coaching program used by many of the 107,000 agents working for the Keller Williams Realty International franchise.
- Training Magazine recognized Keller Williams as the world’s #1 training organization across all industries in 2015.
- Inman News named MAPS as one of the 25 Best Real Estate Coaches in the Business.
- Within the last year, MAPS coaching clients sold 335% more dollar volume, 287% more units, and made 315% more in gross commission income than those who either didn’t have coaching or were with other coaching companies.
Best for: Obviously, this will be a natural choice if you’re joining a KW team, but there’s also plenty of good information for both beginning and experienced agents in other business frameworks.
Pricing: MAPS offers 4 programs: Mastery, Breakthrough, Group, Bold. Prices start at $450 per month.
Founder: Floyd Wickman
Current President: Mike Pallin
- Floyd was named ‘One of the 25 Most Influential People In Real Estate’ and presented the Speaker Hall of Fame recognition by the National Speakers Association.
- Floyd turned leadership of the Floyd Wickman Team over to Mike Pallin.
- Mike Pallin has been a student, a soldier, a singer-songwriter, a salesperson, a sales trainer, recruiter, creative director, and is now President of the Floyd Wickman Team.
Price: Programs include The Floyd Wickman Master Selling Skills Program, R Squared Coaching, The Master Sales Academy, The Business Breakthrough. Prices start at $99/month.
Best for: Agents who want to be trained by one of the longest-running and most reputable coaching programs. Some agents prefer this program as an alternative to Keller Williams’ BOLD.
Founder/CEO: Tim and Julie Harris
- Tim and Julie Harris started as top-producing agents, then transitioned to coaching in 1998.
- In 1999, they authored their first book, ‘0 To 10 million in One Year’ which sold out in the first 27 days.
- They are the #1 Best Selling Authors of HARRIS RULES, Your No-BS Practical Step by Step Guide to Finally Becoming Free.
- They host a daily podcast and offer NAR designations and certifications.
Best for: Agents who appreciate a “tell-it-like-it-is” approach to get inspired to take action. If you’ve resonated with their style via their popular book and podcast, the coaching program will give you the extra push you need to drive more business and leads.
Pricing: Starts at $100/month for the Premier package, then goes up to $1010/month for an Elite package.
CEO: Verl Workman
- Verl Workman has over 20 years experience as a CEO, Business Consultant, and Master Coach.
- He’s delivered over 1,000 seminars, webinars, and keynote addresses.
- In 2016, Verl earned the Certified Speaking Professional designation from the National Speakers Association.
Best for: Agents that want to place a focus on family values and work/life balance at the heart of their business.
Pricing: Not available. Interested parties are asked to contact them for a free consultation.
7. Yes Masters
Founder/CEO: Kevin Ward
- Kevin is author of the #1 bestseller, The Book of YES, and creator of ‘The 100-Day ListMaster Challenge’.
- Over the past 20 years, Kevin’s been a top-producing agent, selling over 100 homes his 3rd year in real estate and being voted “Realtor of the Year” at the #1 Century 21 office in the world.
- He has been a broker/owner of 3 offices and a former Keller Williams CEO/Team Leader.
Best for: Agents who want a program with a client-centered ethos and a no-BS approach to making more money and having a balanced life.
Pricing: No price listed on website.
Founder/CEO: Bubba Mills
- Bubba Mills has coached 110 of the Top 250 Teams by Volume and Units as published by the Wall Street Journal & REAL Trends.
- In 2017, he was recognized for the fourth time by National Mortgage Professional Magazine as one of the most connected individuals in the mortgage industry.
- He is an official member and contributing writer for Forbes Coaches Council and Forbes Real Estate Council.
- Coaching ethos: to ensure every coaching client is protected from recession by having multiple pillars of business and multiple streams of income.
Best for: Top teams wanting to expand their impact even further.
Pricing: One-on-One coaching for teams starts as low as $650 per month.
Founder/CEO: Richard Robbins
- A global sales and business coaching organization that amassed over $50 million dollars in revenue worldwide in its first ten years.
- Richard Robbins was named an ‘Industry Icon’ by REP magazine.
Best for: Go-getters at all stages of the game who want to be inspired and pushed to reach their peak.
Pricing: $799 for their core coaching program.
Founder/CEO: Dirk Zeller
- Dirk sold 150 homes a year working 4-day weeks as a real estate agent.
- His Coaches Corner weekly newsletter has over 150,000 subscribers.
- His book, First Year In Real Estate, on real estate sales is the most widely read “how to” book for beginning agents — and he’s authored 9 others.
- He and his team have coached 67 of the Wall Street Journal Top 250 list.
Best for: Agents who want a high-net-profit business so they can become wealthy. Dirk and his team coach clients beyond just being aspirationally wealthy, or even high income wealthy, to actually becoming balance sheet wealthy. Dirk himself owns 61 rental properties and the coaches on his team have sold more than 237 homes a year on average. You could say he’s passionate about walking the walk.
Pricing: No price listed on website.
11. Club Wealth
Founder/CEO: Michael Hellickson
- Michael Hellickson has 20 years of direct real estate experience and has a track record of listing and selling over 100 homes per month.
- He has coached 60 of the top 200 teams in the US.
- He’s been featured on several national television and radio programs including Glenn Beck, CNBC, The Dave Ramsey Show, and The Fox Business Network.
Best for: Agents who want more of a “mastermind” approach as part of a private, exclusive network. Also for team leaders who want to grow from 6 to 7 figures, or from low to mid-7 figures, while working less.
Pricing: Group Coaching from $97 per month, Tier 1 (Team of one) $497.
The New School: Some of the Best and Brightest Real Estate Coaches in the Biz
Founder/CEO: Tom Ferry
- Tom Ferry is Mike Ferry’s son and is also a household name in the coaching world.
- Tom’s not only the founder of one of best coaching companies in real estate, he’s also a New York Times bestselling author and an influential speaker with a huge online following.
- He has above 2.6 million views on YouTube and over 100,000 Facebook followers.
- He’s known as less aggressive in his method than his dad, but with similar fundamentals and a more modern tech-driven approach.
Best for: If you’re a Follow Up Boss user, you probably already know we’re BIG fans of Tom Ferry. His unique coaching approach is great for anyone who wants a new school spin on the classic real estate success principles. Also great for agents who have already eaten up all Tom’s online content and want a more consistent and structured approach to follow.
Pricing: Tom Ferry uses part-time coaches and the latest cutting edge technology in his coaching series, which starts at $649 per month.
13. Kathleen Black Coaching & Consulting (KBCC)
Founder/CEO: Kathleen Black
- 80% of Kathleen’s clients are top 1% producers nationally
- Her business is founded on a “practice what you preach” mantra
- Kathleen is a former RE/MAX Real Estate Agent and top 1% Realtors in the Durham Region
- She was named one of the Top 50 Elite Women Driving the Future of Real Estate by REP Magazine
- She was awarded both #45 on The BUZZ Industry Top Trendsetters list and the Iconic Leader Creating a Better World for All Award from the Women’s Economic Forum
Best for: Kathleen is an expert at helping teams achieve top 1% status and is also a certified trainer’s Trainer in DISC Personality Profiling, making KBCC a great fit for team leaders and owners who have big goals, but also want a program that fits their personality.
Pricing: No price on website, but you can book a free 30 minute strategy call via the website.
14. Learn with Lee
Founder/CEO: Dr. Lee Davenport
- Dr. Lee Davenport is an award-winning real estate educator
- She specializes in helping agents leverage technology
- Inman News named Lee one of the top 25 real estate coaches
- RESAAS named one of the top 5 bloggers and top 6 real estate coaches
- Her articles have featured in both a peer-reviewed publication The Journal of Real Estate Practice and Education and consumer reads including the Huffington Post, South Philly Review, the Detroit News, and the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, REALTOR® Magazine, Real Estate Magazine, Atlanta Agent Magazine
Best for: Agents who feel disillusioned by canned coaching programs or like their last coach didn’t “get” them. Dr. Lee believes an agent’s unique personality is essential to driving profitability. She’ll help you stop obsessing over your weaknesses and start playing to your strengths.
Pricing: No price on website.
Founder/CEO: Dale Archdekin
- Whether it’s building successful ISA departments or running the sales team at a top-5 Keller Williams mega team, Dale has tons of industry experience.
- Dale founded Smart Inside Sales to coach and train real estate agents and ISAs on both small and large teams. The companies and clients he works with range from 100 transactions a year to top performers, including a #1 team that executes 1,000 transactions a year with $500M in volume.
Best for: Teams, single agents, or ISAs looking to increase their revenue, become masters in lead conversion, and have better, more meaningful conversations with their leads.
Pricing: Smart Inside Sales has different coaching offerings and programs. Pricing varies per program.
Bonus tip: Included in all Follow Up Boss subscriptions is access to Dale's Conversion University 9-module course and interactive conversion technique trainings.
Founder/CEO: Lee Adkins
- Lee is a proven real estate operations expert
- He has help teams scale to over $65 million in annual sales
- He has worked with franchise and boutique real estate teams
- Lee is a Follow Up Boss certified consultant
Best for: Brokers and team leaders with a strong focus on culture. Lee is an expert at getting everyone on your team pulling in the same direction, while leveraging your database for maximum ROI.
Pricing: $300 per month + $100 per additional seat
CEO: Bernice L. Ross, Ph.D.
- Bernice is a nationally syndicated columnist, author, trainer, and speaker.
- She’s also a Master Certified Coach with over 20 years of real estate sales experience.
- She has published two best selling real estate books.
- Author of over 1,000 articles in publications such as Inman News, The Swanepoel Trends Report for 2015, Banker Tradesman, and numerous association and trade publications.
- Inman News called Bernice “America’s top real estate coach” and included her on the 2016 list of “The 25 Best Real Estate Coaches in the Business.”
- She recently founded BrokerageUP! to help women create profitable brokerages — all of the trainers and success mentors are women.
Best for: Brokers who want to scale and who want to work with a forward-thinking industry expert who understands the ins and outs of real estate. Also perfect for women who are looking to uplevel from solo agent to running their own team.
Pricing: Fees range from $147 for the Get Balanced or Get Crazy Coaching Program (audio CD) all the way up to $3,500/month, depending on the level of service and personalization you need.
18. Jon Cheplak
CEO: Jon Cheplak
- Jon started his real estate career in 1987
- He is the former General Manager/EVP for a multi-state, multi-office real estate company where he recruited agents responsible for $7.2M in annual GCI
- Known as an “elite business coach”, Jon has worked with coaching clients in Europe, Asia, South Africa, Canada and the US
Best for: Brokers and team leaders who want to recruit and retain top producing agents and make sure everyone on the team is prospecting consistently.
Pricing: Jon prides himself in not taking a “cookie cutter” approach to coaching programs. His service is very hands-on, including One, 20 minute coaching call a week for 12 weeks (with text and email in between calls as needed) for $997 per call paid weekly.
19. Julie Youngblood
Founder/CEO: Julie Youngblood
- Julie Youngblood was ranked #48 in the country for production by the Wall Street Journal.
- She was voted “Best Instructor” by Keller Williams Realty in 2008.
- Julie was nominated and awarded “Who’s Who 40 Under 40″ 2012 and 2014.
- Julie has an “in your face,” “hold you to it” approach.”
Best for: Go-getting real estate agents and younger/newer agents who want to learn the ropes from someone who’s nailed it.
Pricing: No price listed.
Founder/CEO: Travis Robertson
- Travis Robertson is the nation’s #1 Growth Acceleration Strategist.
- Travis has helped multiple business owners grow, without sacrificing their personal lives.
- He and his team have people in their program who run 4-5 different companies and work just 20-35 hours per week.
Best for: If you’ve reached the point where you’re ready to scale your business but you’re scared it’s going to take a toll on your family or personal life, Travis is a great coach to consider.
Pricing: Not listed publicly but he offers a complimentary 60-minute Coaching Strategy Session where you can get more info.
21. Sherri Johnson
Founder/CEO: Sherri Johnson
- Sherri is a former top-producing agent (top 25 of 1,700), manager, and regional VP with a national top 3 independent broker.
- She has trained new agents to go from $0-$6+ million in their first year and helped successful agents reach over $50M in annual sales
- Sherri was awarded Top Office Top Region multiple times and Top Affiliated Services award for six consecutive years.
- She led over 700 agents and managers with over $1.5 billion in annual sales.
Best for: New and growing agents who know they have what it takes to make it and just need a strong mentor in their corner to show them how.
Pricing: Pro coaching program is $575 per month, Premium Coaching Program is $995 per month and Premier Team Coaching Program is $1395 per month.
22. Jared James
Founder/CEO: Jared James
- Jared James is known as the ‘Why guy’ thanks to his understanding of why people do what they do and how to get them to change their behavior.
- He started his first profitable business when he was 8 years old, a neighborhood bank and loan.
- By the age of 28, Jared was recognized by REALTOR Magazine’s over 2 million readers as their “Web Choice Award” winner.
- He has written articles for nationally syndicated magazines and websites such as Personal Development Magazine, REALTOR Magazine, and RISMedia and was recently named as one of the top 25 most influential people in the real estate industry today.
Best for: Agents who aren’t afraid of a good mindset kick-in-the-pants and who really just want someone to get to the heart of what’s holding them back. He covers all the mindset work, plus the practical side, like how to rock cold calling and Facebook ads.
Pricing: No price listed on website.
CEO/Founder: Liz Bentley
- Liz is a nationally-recognized keynote speaker and executive coach to top leaders and teams across a broad range of industries.
- Her ethos: you can’t change people but you can help them evolve into a better version of themselves.
- Liz has delivered keynotes to top conferences and companies nationwide, including SHRM, Know Your Value, Microsoft, IBM, and Sotheby’s International Realty.
Best for: If you want to work with a coach who is also an influencer and trend spotter, Liz can help you learn to think bigger. She also has an all-female team that knows what it’s like to be a woman in real estate.
Pricing: No price listed on website.
Founder/CEO: Mike Stott & Donna Stott
- Mike is a veteran coach boasting over 35 years of experience.
- Real estate has always been their passion.
- Donna coaches over 30+ agents from all across the US.
- They have experience coaching agents and teams of all sizes.
Best for: Agents and team leaders who want a powerful coaching team who can keep them excited and inspired.
Pricing: Group programs start at $28/year to $197/month and private programs from $347/month to $997/month.
Founder/CEO: Candy Miles Crocker
- Candy has over 17 years in the real estate business.
- In 2016, Inman News named her one of the Top 25 Real Estate coaches in the United States.
- All training is taught by Candy herself.
- She is an ACTIVE Realtor and holds an Associate Broker license in Washington, DC and Virginia and salespersons license in Maryland.
Best for: Any new or experienced agent who wants a flexible and comprehensive coaching solution delivered by a pro who really understands the business.
Pricing: Not listed on website.
26. GSD Mode
Founder/CEO: Joshua Smith
- Joshua Smith is a Realtor in Phoenix Arizona as well as a Serial Entrepreneur.
- He’s the host of The #1 Most Downloaded Real Estate Agent Podcast “GSD Mode”.
- He was voted the 30th Top Realtor In America by the Wall Street Journal.
- He’s one of NAR’s “30 Under 30” finalists.
- Josh sells at least 1 home per day.
- He’s in the top 1% of Realtors worldwide.
- He mentors over 1,000 Realtors yearly all over the US and Canada.
Best for: New or experienced agents who are dead-set on growing their business to massive heights.
Pricing: No price listed.
Founder/CEO: Lars Hedenborg
- Started his real estate career in 2007 and sold 71 homes for over $500,000 GCI in his first year.
- He has a strong focus on work/life balance and went from working 7 days per week to 1 day per week.
- COO Stacie Peterson is a former top producer with a top producing team that helped over 1,500 families and was top ranked in The Wall Street Journal.
Best for: Owners, team leaders and agents who are focused on creating real work-life harmony.
Pricing: No price listed.
Founder/CEO: Erik Hatch
- Current owner/broker associate at Hatch Realty
- Has helped over 5,000 families buy and sell their homes
- Erik is an entrepreneur, public speaker, Realtor, author, and investor with 25 businesses that he owns/operates with the help of his team and partners.
- He has also built 2 non-profit movements that have raised nearly $3M to help serve kids and families in need
Best for: Brokers and team leaders who want to grow and lead with purpose.
Pricing: No price listed.
29. Danny Morel
Founder/CEO: Danny Morel
- Launched his real estate company at the age of 32
- Made the Inc 500/5000
- Closed $1.1 billion in sales in one calendar year
- Underwent a mental, physical and spiritual reawakening for clearer focus and purpose in his business.
Best for: Anyone with a strong focus on mindset and inner growth.
Pricing: No price listed.
Founder/CEO: Steve de Laveaga
- Former SVP and The National Sales Manager for Fidelity National Title Group, encompassing multiple Divisions and overseeing 3,100 Sales Executives and assisting over 200 Sales Manager's across the US.
- Created the #1 Realtor Mastermind group in the US which encompassed $2.5B dollars annually in production.
- Led over 250 Mastermind events in the last 2 years.
Best for: Agents with a strong focus on improving their pitch and prospecting skills.
Pricing: R.I.S.E. Rockstar 2 day Intensive is $1,499.00
Founder/CEO: Brian Icenhower
- Brian Icenhower is an attorney, a real estate broker, a real estate litigation expert witness, and one of the most recognized names in the real estate industry.
- He is also the former CEO of Keller Williams Realty Kansas City North.
- His team was recognized as one of the top 15 real estate companies in the nation with a 431% increase in sales volume.
Best for: Agents or team leaders who want hands-on advice from an experienced broker.
Pricing: No price listed.
The Targeted Coaching Programs: Laser-focused Real Estate Coaching
Founder/CEO: Greg Hague
- Greg Hague is LinkedIn’s most recommended real estate coaching company.
- He specializes in teaching strategies that sell homes at higher prices.
- His coaching program provides a franchise-like “business in a box” package with ready-to-go advertising materials.
Best for: Agents who want a proven system for generating seller leads.
Prices: No price listed.
33. Craig Proctor
Founder/CEO: Craig Proctor
- The cornerstone of Craig Proctor’s method is what he calls “Reverse Prospecting”: the idea of drawing leads to you, rather than going out and finding them.
- The program has a big emphasis on advertisements, both print and digital.
- Craig teaches Google, Facebook, and Craigslist marketing, as well as lead generation on a custom website (which is provided to members).
Best for: Agents who believe in direct response marketing and want to make it a profitable cornerstone of their business. (You also need to make sure you have the budget to invest in direct response marketing.)
Pricing: You get 21 coaching calls with Craig Proctor himself, plus weekly sales training calls and a weekly ad training call. The program also includes a 2-day private workshop, web resources and more. The price is $997/month for 12 months, or the discounted rate of $8,000 for the full year.
Founder/CEO: Rob Vivian
- Can be tailored to all types of businesses
- Rob has specific material geared toward real estate business owners
Best for: Agents who want a complete set of business tools that can apply to any business, including real estate. This program includes phone call blast, coaching calls, effective scripts, and more.
Pricing: Web coaching starts at $99/month and 1-on-1 coaching starts at $4388/per month.
Founder/CEO: Steve Shull
- Steve Shull played four years in the NFL as a linebacker with the Miami Dolphins.
- Steve also worked on Wall Street.
- He’s been a coach since 1993.
Best for: Agents who had success as former athletes and anyone who like a no-BS approach. Steve won’t be your cheerleader but he will push you to achieve your goals.
Pricing: $1,500 per month or $14,000 if year paid in advance for one-to-one personal coaching.
Founder/CEO: Ken Goodfellow
- Ken Goodfellow is one of the top Real Estate Coaches in North America.
- He built his own real estate company with 200+ agents before successfully selling the business.
- He’s helped many brokers and teams through mergers, acquisitions, and the profitable sale of their businesses.
- Ken has written for the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Chicago Agent, Coachville, and Inman.
Best for: Brokers and team leaders who have already found some success in their real estate business and who might ultimately want to sell it one day.
Pricing: All coaching programs are by referral, invitation, application, or anyone over $1 million GCI.
Founder/CEO: Justin Williams
- Justin has flipped over 500 houses
Best for: Newbies who want to break into the house-flipping business.
Pricing: Prices vary based on format. Programs range from online training tools and resources and to private coaching on request.
38. Fortune Builders
Founder/CEO: Than Merrill
- Started in 2004.
- Covers real estate investing education and tools to start a real estate business.
- Flagship program, Mastery Coaching, is a one-on-one comprehensive coaching program to get started in the fixing, flipping, and investing area of real estate.
Best for: This coaching program has some mixed reviews. Those who find the most success with it are the ones who really give 110% into following the program. It may be a good fit for someone just starting out in real estate who wants a proven system to follow.
Pricing: No price listed on website.
39. Invest Four More
Founder/CEO: Mark Ferguson
- Mark Ferguson has been a licensed real estate agent since 2001 (his dad was also a Realtor).
- He’s the owner of Blue Steel Real Estate, a brokerage in Colorado.
- He fixes and flips 20-30 homes a year.
- He owns 20 long-term rentals.
- He’s written top-selling real estate books on Amazon.
Best for: Anyone who wants to become more active in the investing side of the business.
Pricing: Ranges from $5 for books on Amazon to $2,000 for the coaching group with direct access to Mark Ferguson. (There’s usually some pretty sweet discount on the table so keep your eye out for their special offers and packages.)
40. By Referral Only
Founder/CEO: Joe Stumpf
- Joe Stumpf specializes in teaching a referral system to real estate and mortgage brokers.
- A proven program founded in 1988.
- The largest company in North America that exclusively coaches Real Estate and Mortgage consultants how to build a By Referral Only business.
Best for: Agents looking to set their referral lead stream in motion, or who are fed up with spending money on paid leads.
Pricing: Joe coaches via live events, webinars, teleclasses and one-on-one. Currently no price listed on website.
Use a simple SWOT analysis to choose the right coach for you
If you’ve made it to this section of the article, you already know you need a coach, and you know the investment will be worth it.
But with so many options, how do you choose the right coach for you?
Here are a couple things to consider as you evaluate your options.
Do a SWOT analysis (yes, really)
Each coach has their own unique approach, and while most coaches can provide support and guidance on a variety of topics, not all will be perfectly matched to your specific needs.
If you’re unsure what kind of coaching you need, treat it like any other potential business venture and run a quick SWOT analysis to get some clarity. As a recap, SWOT stands for strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
This framework is regularly used across business industries to help you see where you’re succeeding, where you could use some expert insight, and what you should focus on to make the biggest impact.
For each area, you’ll want to identify 3-5 things that play a role in your business:
- Strengths: What are you doing well? What factors are driving success in your business?
- Weaknesses: What are you not-so-good at? Which areas of your business are struggling?
- Opportunities: Where do you see clear opportunities for growth in your business or your market?
- Threats: What forces (internal or external) are limiting business growth?
By taking the time to analyze your business this way, you’ll be able to evaluate potential coaches more effectively — and you may even get a headstart on taking your business to the next level.
Consider the format
Coaching programs come in a variety of formats, and many coaches offer several program options and/or blended formats to choose from (ex. a virtual course paired with bi-weekly phone calls).
Here are a few of the common benefits and drawbacks of each:
Take a good look at the formats available. The ideal program will be perfectly suited to your business’s current growth stage, as well as your personal lifestyle and learning style.
If you’re not sure whether a specific coach is right for you, start by taking a test run with their free or low-cost resources. This will give you a good idea of their approach and style before you commit to the full program.
Take personality into account
Understanding your own personality can help you identify the type and style of coaching that will produce the best results for you.
Again, this is where a simple SWOT analysis can be particularly helpful. For example, if you’re super motivated but struggle with processes, you might want to find a Type A coach to get you organized. On the other hand, maybe you’re not the typical super-extroverted agent — so find a coach that can play to your strengths, perhaps by focusing more on inbound leads than cold calling.
Also, be honest with yourself: You may want a cheerleader…but do you need a drill sergeant? If you’re going to make the investment, you want to make sure your coaching partnership will push you to succeed.
The Right Coach + The Right Systems = An unstoppable real estate business
A great coach will help you get the strategy and system in place to take your real estate business to bold new heights. But it can be tough to go from A to B when your business systems are a mess.
When you’re ready to start your own team, Follow Up Boss can help. From complete text, phone, and email sync to simplified list segmentation, our bloat-free CRM keeps your team laser-focused on lead management. Check it out for free today!